Friday, January 5, 2007

Work, Work

I'd like to echo Rico's thoughts about what a chore this season has been.

The only game I well and truly enjoyed was our shellacking of Penn State. Even though I was present at ND for Stanford, the game itself just wasn't very enjoyable. I was continually frustrated by our inability to either score or defend against an inferior opponent. The games against Georgia Tech, Airforce, Navy, and UNC had similar difficulties. While the finishes of the MSU and UCLA games left me exhilarated, the first three quarters of the MSU were a disaster zone and all but the final minute of UCLA was somewhat less than enjoyable. As Rico says, the expectations were just to high for the talent level of the team.

Next year should be a lot of fun. We're going to see a lot of young kids play and maybe see the beginnings of a championship run. If we go 8-4, I'll be thrilled. Unlike this year, when I should have known better, I'll be expecting losses to USC and Michigan. The only real pitfall is the game against BC. What would the streak be if we lost to them? Six in a row? Bah.

On the the Clausen/Frazer/Jones/Sharpley Era!

No comments: