Saturday, January 20, 2007

And I'd Dance Like the King of the Eyesores . . .

I was casually browsing Amazon yesterday and found out that the new Shins album comes out in three days. Wincing the Night Away. I didn't even know they were working on a new album. I don't really follow the band. Oh, Inverted World was a decent debut, and Chutes Too Narrow rocked my world (in an indy rock kind of way). So color me excited. The only other time I can remember eagerly awaiting a new album was in 2001 for Lions by the Black Crowes.* The result: poop.

Here's the video for the song "Phantom Limb" from Wincing the Night Away:



Oh I guess I should mention that I'm happy about the nautical theme of the album, not only because of my love of pirates, but because the greatest album of all time employed a nautical theme to great success.

*Not because I don't like music, you understand, but because I don't like much music by extant bands.

No comments: