Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm really a father!

So I had my first real terrifying father moment today. Lauren called me earlier tonight to tell me she was rear-ended. My immediate thought was "Oh God, I hope she's okay." However, just a split-second later, my mind turned right to our child. It was the first time - the first of many, I would expect - that I genuinely feared for the fate of my child.

Thankfully, it appears that both mother and child are okay. We have to get the results of some tests tomorrow, but barring any surprises, we should be in the clear. Thank God.

The upshot of this story is that I feel more like a father today than I have felt in the first four months of Lauren's pregnancy. I couldn't be happier.

Also, this is the second major accident Lauren's been involved in. Neither was her fault, and both involved Asian drivers.

I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

name the kid lightning.