Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Presidential Predictions

IM chat transcript, unedited save the changing of screen names:

Rico: If you had to guess today, who do you think will be the presidential nominees in 08?

Big Jim: Oh gosh.
Hillary.
And, I guess Guiliani

Rico: I'm taking an informal poll
10:45 PM

Big Jim: I went for the frontrunners.
How bold of me.
I just think McCain's too old.

Rico: Interesting

Big Jim: What about you?

Rico: I like McCain and CLinton

Big Jim: Alright.
Whom do you have winning?

Rico: McCain
And you?

Big Jim: I think a Republican can probably beat Hillary.
I dunno about Obama though.
10:50 PM
The way the Dems are heading in Iraq, I think the country needs a Republican president.

Rico: Yeah, although I imagine the office of the presidency would moderate whatever Democrat ended up in office

Big Jim: Would a Democratic president veto Murtha's bill?

Rico: Murtha's bill may not exist at all
Half of its purpose is to hamstring the president
If a democrat wanted the surge, the Murtha bill would never make it to the floor
11:00 PM

Big Jim: True.
Though the Congress might force the President to pull out by other means.
I wonder if a Democratic President can be responsible.
without losing the base.
In which case, will he choose to be responsible.

Rico: I think it's an interesting question, but I have to imagine that the responisbilities of the office would lead the democratic president to act responsibly on the greatest issue of our time
Having said that, his/her idea of responsibility probably varies considerably from yours

No comments: