Monday, February 26, 2007

He Said What?

Well, I can't link to it directly, but if you direct your mouse here and then go to the bottom left and click on the TV spot entitle "Morning Ritual :60," you'll be able to see Cadillac's use of The Pogues' "The Sunny Side of the Street." I'm not quite sure the commercial works, but I am quite sure that this is the first time the lyrics "a lust for vomit" were unleashed before the unsuspecting network masses. Good thing Shane slurs his words.

Full lyrics in commercial:
Seen a carnival in Rome.
Had the women, I had the booze.
All I can remember now
is little kids without no shoes.
So I saw a train and I got on it
With a heart full of hate
And a lust for vomit.

Now I'm walking on the sunny side of the street,
The sunny side of the street,
The sunny side of the street,
The sunny side of the street.

Don't those just scream happy yuppie family life?

No comments: