Tuesday, February 13, 2007

More? More.


Just to make it a fearsome foursome of posts tonight, I'd like to talk a little bit about St. Thomas More. Truly a renaissance man, More was a successful lawyer, author, and royal aide. He is known best for being martyred by King Henry VIII for refusing to accept Henry's claim as head of the Church of England. He also wrote Utopia, actually an interesting book on communism (unlike all of Marx's stuff), as well as several defenses of the Catholic faith.

Well, my friends, today I submit to you that St. Thomas More has a new finest moment. I have been honored as the recipient of Marquette University Law School's St. Thomas More full tuition scholarship. Though St. Thomas died for his faith, I have been selected to carry on his legacy in posterity. Talk about your great honors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where were the posts for 10 days? Big Jim and Rico suck.