Saturday, December 30, 2006

El Scorcho!


My little brother got Weezer's Pinkerton for Christmas. Great album. "Getchoo" is the only song I'll skip (too annoying).

Listening to the album, I realized that I still had no idea what's going on in "El Scorcho." A little digging showed that "Cio-Cio San" is the title character of Puccini's "Madame Butterfly." Goes back to the first line, as it were. What is Rivers Cuomo's obsession with Japan anyway? There aren't any hints of it in the Blue Album. To understand the rest of the references, you can go here.

If any of our readers is a companionable, funny, pretty girl in her mid-twenties, who also happens to be independently wealthy, I have this to say:

I'm a lot like you so please
Hello, I'm here, I'm waiting
I think I'd be good for you
And you'd be good for me

No comments: