Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ignatius Men Forever

I'd just like to highlight some praise given to another Wildcat:
Q. And lastly, every year there's a handful of players that kind of step up that the general public doesn't know about, for example, Carlson last year, are there a few guys that you've noticed have stepped it up with off-season workouts that you're spending big things from?

COACH WEIS: The heroes from the off-season were Travis and Carlson. They were like men amongst boys. It was not even close for second, but you'll see some names pop up. Like I don't want to raise expectations too high but I'll give you a for instance.

If you ask me to call out like one player, I'll call out a player like John Ryan. Not too many people know a heck of a lot about John Ryan other than he was a defensive end backing up Victor Abiamiri and now he's an outside linebacker, and at 6'4", 6'5", 245 pounds, he's your prototypical 3-4 outside linebacker. Where in a 4-3 defense, I don't know if he had ever been prototypical either way.

So as we tweak the defensive scheme, a guy like that might find a greater home than they might have had if the defense stayed the same.

No comments: