Friday, March 23, 2007

Chalk-a-thon rolls on!

This year's NCAA tournament has been incredibly devoid of upsets. The favorites just keep winning. With just 12 teams left (as I write this, we're halfway between the sweet 16 and the elite 8), there are four #1 seeds, three #2 seeds, a #3 seed, two #5 seeds, a #6 seed (Vanderbilt), and a #7 seed (UNLV). If all the higher seeds win tonight, the elite 8 could be 4 #1's, 3 #2's, and a #3. As such, I will be rooting for my former hometown Runnin' Rebels to wreck some brackets tonight.

The pool I'm in has 43 participants. If someone had just picked all the higher seeds every round, he would currently be tied for second place. (FYI, I'm currently tied for 21st, but I will most likely win or come in second if Georgetown wins it all. Go Hoyas!)

No comments: