Sunday, March 4, 2007

I just wanna make an omelette!

So they're spinning off a commercial into a TV series? That's either the stupidest or brilliantest idea I've ever heard. I think there's an extremely good chance that this show will be horrific, but if anyone can salvage an idea like this, it's got to be the geniuses that brought us Tiny House. Indisputably my favorite commercial of the last five years.

As for bringing A Song of Ice and Fire to TV, that's quite exciting. I'm currently halfway through the third book in the series, and I'd recently been thinking about how the books would translate to a live action format. Like Jim mentioned, there are a lot of potential pitfalls, but the idea certainly has merit. And he's also right that a movie version of the books would almost certainly be disastrous, just because there are so much meat in each book that would have to be cut out. Regarding the concern about whether there will be a sufficient budget to accurately capture the series' people, places, and creatures, HBO tends to go all out for this sort of thing. Fans are much better off having it there rather than on any other channel.

No comments: