- It's significantly better than the old recipe. From the time I brought it in the door, the aroma was strong and tantalizing. The first bites were promising, as both the sauce and the cheese were much more flavorful than the old crappy Domino's.
- The crust was significantly better as well. As Mrs. Rico perceptively observed, it's flavoring is reminiscent of Papa John's garlic butter dipping sauce. Presumably, it's quite fattening.
- I would now rank Domino's slightly behind Pizza Hut and slightly ahead of Papa John's on my Big 3 pizza rankings.
- We decided to get the pizza after seeing an ad for it during the Packers-Cardinals playoff game. Big mistake. Approximately 47 million Wisconsinites saw the same commercial and got the same idea, causing a long delay once Jake and I got to the store.
- Colbert had a pretty funny piece on Domino's candor in its new campaign.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Domino's New Recipe
So Mrs. Rico and I tried Domino's' brand new pizza recipe last night. A few thoughts: