Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Lollop

Well, I lolloped all day today. One of the perks of having a five week winter break, I guess.

I came across the word, using its secondary meaning, in The Place of the Lion. I thought Williams might have been pulling a Lewis Carroll, but it appears that he may, may, he smarter than I am. So, in case you were wondering, lollop can either mean "to loll" or "lounge" or "to move forward with a bounding or leaping motion."

I leave it you to guess what my activities consisted of today.

Lollopping on to other topics, I think Rico's list of conservative columnists is pretty comprehensive, though I'd switch Steyn and Krauthammer and add Rich Lowry. I'd also put George Will on my list of people with whom to never publicly argue. I remember the glory days of ABC's "This Week," when the hosts were Sam Donaldson and Cokie Roberts and the commentators were Will and Stephanopoulos. While never-falingly patrician, Will proceeded to rip Stephanopoulos to shreds week after week. Beautiful.



This man will destroy you in the politest way possible. His bow tie will only add to the humiliation.

No comments: